Monday, November 9, 2009

The last Few weeks of my life.

Studying abroad is a lot different than I expected it to be. I feel so blessed to be with such amazing people day in and day out and although I miss home like crazy and I cannot wait to go back. I know I am going to miss seeing these beautiful people everyday. My last post said I went to Aix and Marseille and indeed I did. Aix is like a fairy tale land complete with quite possibly the best looking people I have ever seen in my life. It is a city full of character and fountains that run from a natural hotspring so most of them are potable! so crazy. We got to go to cezanne's studio which has been such a cool parralell now seeing his work in Paris and seeing where it was created. Such inspiration.. The coolest part about Aix though i'd have to say is the fact that my wonderful big brother danny studied here a few summers ago and I got to catch a glimpse of some place that is so near and dear to his heart. We stayed in this amazing hotel/ appartment complete with kitchen so we cooked some tomatoe soup and grilled cheese which is enough to make anyone happy who has been living off FIAP caf food. So after a few wonderful days of exploring in Aix we head to Marseille which is only like 45 min away. Our plan was to spend the day there and catch a train back to Paris sunday night... Well, there were no trains left so we decided to sleep in the train station after a fun day mind you of boat rides and really good tasting french fast food. So as we are bunkering down in the train station for the night I text my mom and let her know what is going on just so someone knows where we are and she being the amazing mother she is refuses to let us sleep out in the cold and in the danger zone... haha so anyways, she gets us a hotel for the night and we woke up bright and ealry and caught the train to Paris then. The next few weeks after that in Paris have been full of exploring, painting, drawing, halloween, being sick, Heroes, Friends, and watching the leaves change colors! This past weekend megan condon, scott, rachel and I went to Barcelona and had a terrific time. We got to go to a wonderful Van Gogh Museum that literally takes you through every stage of his life as an artist. We saw some beautiful architecture and our hotel was right on Las Ramblas which is like the main busy street there. Also in Barcelona we went to the contemporary art museum which contained some really interesting works of Rauchenberg, Klein, Motherwell, and cage just to name a few. We did some shopping because everything there was way cheaper than Paris and we had 2 great dinners consisting of Hard Rock Cafe and MEXICAN FOOD. Yes you heard right, we did find delicious burritos in Europe! :) Anyways, thats the main gist of my life these days and I hope you enjoyed it! Love you and miss you all!

ps. Hopefully Pics from Barcelona will be up soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dana!
    I miss you sooooo much! What day do you get home? We need to hang out before I go home for the holidays. And I want to know all about your trip, not the 15min version, I want the 4hour long version... with pictures :-) I love you so much. Loma is great. Hannah King is getting married in May. Don't know if you knew that. Other than that, everything her is A.ok.
    Love, Kelli
    PS if scott wants my butterbeer recipes I would love to give them to him :-)

    ReplyDelete