Saturday, December 5, 2009

what a whirl-wind!!!!

So euro-term is over now and i surprised my friends and brother by coming home early because im sneaky like that.. but I will talk about that a little later. I'm sorry it has been so long since I last updated but life has been crazy! I went to Bern and Luzern switzerland with scott krueger, kristin, gabby, rachel, and megan and we had a great time. Both cities were really beautiful and we got to explore and see a bunch of really cool things. Some went and played in the snow when we were in luzern and me and meg explored the city and it was really fun! The girls got to play a really great prank on scott and the weekend was just spent relaxing and enjoying eachother. The weekend after that was the last one before the end of our trip and me and scott lingner decided to go to munich which was really fun! We stayed in a place called the easy palace which is the closest hostel to the octoberfest field which was cool to see. We got to walk around the city and see cool Christmas decorations and watch people iceskate it was really cool! The next day we went to this huge park called the english gardens and we walked around and saw river surfing which is like an amazing man made surfing spot underneith a bridge powered by fast rapids and it was amazing! After the gardens we went to this really amazing contemporary art museum which basically had a piece from almost every pioneer of contemporary art and we spent a long time there! At nights we just relaxed and watched friends, house and movies and it was relaxing and really fun. The last week of Paris was spent finishing up school stuff which included writing papers, photo stuff, and soaking up every last min. of eachother. On Thanksgiving we had our last family dinner at a nice resteraunt and it was so great being together all dressed up on the Champs with Christmas decorations all around celebrating Thanksgiving and eachother! The weeked after was spent packing and saying goodbye and loving on eachother, not to mention scotts 21st birthday which was spent exploring Christmas festivals and friends! After saying goodbye to everyone gabby and I awoke early and headed back to Barcelona because gabby hadn't gone with us the first time. Everything was good and we were on our way but we had to make one stop on the train in Montpellier. Well, i'm just gunna skip all the details and say my backpack was stolen off the train in that city and in it was my two little cameras which contained unloaded pictures and my computer! I was devastated, but I realized that its just stuff and life will move on, but I was bummed and am still bummed to lose my pictures but hopefully I will get them back soon by stealing from friends! Me and gabby made it to barcelona and had a great time! We got to explore some amazing parks and architecture and got to eat some delicious mexican food. We walked an obscene amount and so we both were tired and got to relax and enjoy eachother at the end of our days. We met a sad man named sergio and I actually made a sheep noise at someone trying to explain in english something we needed to find. I love gabby and we had a ton of fun together! We went back to the fiap when we got back to Paris and it was so sad and depressing without everyone we loved there. The next morning I woke up so early and got on a plane and headed home! I got here and drove straight to Point Loma to Miguels to surprise my best friends and my brother. It couldnt have gone more perfectly! I love being home but i miss Europe and my friends a ton! I will update in a few days with reflections from my trip! One thing I know for sure and I have learned throughout the trip that God is faithful, and despight heartache, trouble, saddness, and dissapointment, there will be promises fufilled and joy restored in time and I am thankful for everything He has blessed me with in my life!

ps. im sorry there are no pictures and I hope everyone made it through this looooong post!

Love always and so glad to be home.

1 comment:

  1. That was the most deliciously wonderful surprise I've had in so very long. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete